***We recommend that you PRINT THIS PAGE for your records***
**Important: You must either click on “I accept” or “Cancel” at the
bottom of this document to be able to proceed with your first login!!!
Spartan Federal Credit Union
Internet Banking Service
Agreement and Disclosure
This Agreement is the contract that covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning CUe-Branch Internet Banking Services offered to you. The words "you" and "yours" mean those who complete the CUe-Branch application on line. The words "we", "us", and "our" mean Spartan Federal Credit Union located at 930 Charisma Drive, Spartanburg, South Carolina, 29303 and phone number 1-800-442-3931.
By completing the CUe-Branch online registration, you agree to the terms and conditions governing your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the CUe-Branch electronic funds transfer service. Electronic funds transfers (EFT) are electronically initiated transactions involving your deposit and loan accounts at the Credit Union through your personal computer.
You must be a member in good standing and agree to the terms and conditions of Spartan Federal Credit Union’s CUe-Branch Agreement and Disclosure.
To use CUe-Branch, you need a computer with a modem, Internet access and a web browser that supports 128-bit encryption (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above; or Netscape Navigator 4.79 or above). CUe-Branch is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or Netscape 7.02. If your computer is a Mac and you are having problems accessing your account using Netscape Navigator, it is suggested that you download Internet Explorer's latest version and attempt access.
Spartan Federal Credit Union is committed to providing the most secure Internet service. When you interact with Spartan Federal Credit Union on this secure site, all the information is encrypted or encoded. Encryption is a procedure for turning plain text or other information into an unrecognizable pattern of data. 128-bit encryption is the strongest form of Web browser encryption commonly available for use on the Internet, and you must use a browser that supports 128-bit encryption to access your accounts.
You are responsible for the set-up and maintenance of your computer and modem. We are not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any virus or other problems related to the use of the Internet Banking Services.
CUe-Branch Online Registration
If you have a Voice Response confirmed PIN, you may register online by going to our website www.spartanfederal.com, click on CUe-Branch and follow the instructions. If you do not meet the requirements, or do not have a Voice Response confirmed PIN, your access will be canceled. You may contact a member services representative at 1-800-442-3931 for further assistance.
Upon approval, you may use your personal computer to access your accounts. You must use your CUe-Branch user name and password to access your accounts.
Availability of CUe-Branch Internet Service
CUe-Branch services are generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year except for those times that the system is unavailable due to back-up procedures or maintenance. We are not liable under this Agreement for failure to provide access due to a system failure or due to other unforeseen acts.
We may modify, suspend, or terminate access to the CUe-Branch Internet Banking Services at any time and for any reason without notice.
You can use CUe-Branch to access all accounts that are linked to your social security number. At your request, you may remove access to any account or sub-account that has your social security number.
At the present time, you may use the following CUe-Branch services:
Account Information - You may review balances and transaction history on all accounts and sub-accounts existing under your user name. Your account balances are online and include all transactions that have been posted to your account up to that point in time. However, the availability of funds for transfer or withdrawal may be limited due to our Funds Availability Policy. The transaction history information may be limited to recent account information involving your accounts.
Transfers - You may make transfers to your accounts or other accounts that you are authorized on as often as you like except for those accounts with transfer limitations as disclosed when you opened the account and any amendments to that disclosure. Transfers and bill payments from your savings and club accounts will be limited to a total of six (6) (Federal Regulation D) in any one calendar month. You may transfer or withdraw up to the available balance in your account at the time of the transfer, except as limited under this Agreement or your deposit. We reserve the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient or unavailable funds, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account.
Transactions involving your accounts will be subject to the terms of your Membership and Account Agreement; and transactions involving a line of credit account or Home Equity Loan will be subject to your Credit Agreement and Disclosures, or your Home Equity Agreement and Disclosures, as applicable.
Apply for a Loan- You may make an application for a loan and you may call the next day for an answer. Just apply at www.spartanfederal.com , under Products and Services, then Loans.
Request a Check – You may request a check withdrawal from any savings, or checking account (excluding Christmas, IRA, and Certificate of Deposit accounts). A check will be issued payable to the member and all joint owners, and mailed to the address on record at the credit union the next business day.
Reorder checks- You may reorder additional checks in the same format as your last order from us. Go to the Services page of our website: www.spartanfederal.com
Stop Payment- You may request a stop payment order for a check or a range of checks from your checking account. Requests made after 1:00 p.m. Eastern time may not be effective until the following business day. A CUe-Branch stop payment request will serve as a substitute for a written order.
E-mail - You may send communications directly to the Credit Union. However, the Credit Union may not immediately receive e-mail communications that you send and the Credit Union will not take action based on e-mail requests until the Credit Union actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act. If you need to contact the Credit Union immediately regarding an unauthorized transaction, you may call the Credit Union at 1-800-442-3931.
Change Password - You may select a new password for your account access at any time.
QuickenÒ or Microsoft MoneyÒ - You may download your account information to financial management software programs, if applicable.
Your user name and password will be your CUe-Branch home signature and you can use it to access all accounts that are linked to your social security number. Members that are joint owners on other accounts will also have access to those accounts. At your request, you may remove access to any account or sub-account that has your social security number.
Security of User Name and Password
You are responsible for safekeeping of your user name and password. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your user name and password available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts. If you fail to maintain the security of your user name and password and Spartan Federal Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your CUe-Branch account services immediately. Revealing your user name and password will grant access to those accounts by unauthorized individuals.
To ensure the security of your CUe-Branch account, we will return you to the Log On screen if no activity has occurred within ten (10) minutes.
You are responsible for all transfers you authorize under this Agreement. If you permit other persons to use your user name and password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. However, tell us at once if you believe anyone has used your user name and password or accessed your accounts without your authority. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. For CUe-Branch transactions, if you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than fifty dollars ($50.00) if someone accessed your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized use of your account or user name and password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as five hundred dollars ($500.00).
Also, if your statement shows CUe-Branch transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may be liable for the full amount of the loss if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the unauthorized transactions. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe that someone has used your user name and password or has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call us at 1-800-442-3931.
Immediately change your password if you think it has been compromised.
Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Fees and Charges
Currently there are no fees to use CUe-Branch. All standard fees (NSF, etc.) set forth in our fees and charges schedule apply. Spartan Federal Credit Union reserves the right to charge for CUe-Branch account access or transactions in the future. You will be given at least 30 days advance notice before Spartan Federal Credit Union implements any changes to fees or adds any new fees for CUe-Branch service.
Right to Receive Statements
All of your CUe-Branch transactions will appear on your regular account statement. The Credit Union will not provide separate documentation of this activity. You may print the confirmation of each transaction from your computer screen for your records.
Account Information Disclosure
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission
Credit Union Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer, your account is inactive, or the transfer would go over the credit limit on your line of credit, if applicable.
- If you used the wrong password or you have not properly followed any applicable computer or Credit Union user instructions for making transfer and bill payment transactions.
- If your computer fails or malfunctions or the CUe-Branch service was not properly working and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted such transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, telecommunication outages, strikes, equipment or power failure) prevent making the transaction.
- If the funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim.
- If you have not given the Credit Union complete, correct and current instructions so the Credit Union can process a transfer or in the event we receive conflicting information.
- If the error was caused by a system beyond the Credit Union's control such as a telecommunications system or Internet Service Provider.
- If there are other exceptions as established by the Credit Union.
Termination of Electronic Fund Transfer Services
You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your electronic fund transfer services if you, or any authorized user of your CUe-Branch services or password, breach this or any other agreement with us; or if we have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your accounts or password. You or any other party to your account can terminate this Agreement by notifying us in writing. Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. Termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this Agreement for transactions initiated before termination.
CUe-Branch services may be terminated to those members that cause a loss to the Credit Union.
The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. The Credit Union will mail notice to you at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of any change, as required by law. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable federal laws and all applicable substantive laws of the State of South Carolina where you opened your account and the By-laws of the Credit Union as they now exist or may hereafter be amended. You understand that we must comply with these laws, regulations, and rules. You agree that if there is any inconsistency between the terms of the Agreement and any applicable law, regulation, or rule, the terms of this Agreement will prevail to the extent any such law, regulation, or rule may be modified by agreement between us.
You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving your accounts or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you.
In case of errors or questions regarding your CUe-Branch transactions, call us at 1-800-442-3931 or write to us at Spartan Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 2827,Spartanburg, S.C. 29304 as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct the error promptly. For errors related to transactions occurring within thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account (new accounts), we will tell you the results of our investigation within twenty (20) business days. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate your complaint or question (ninety (90) calendar days for new account transaction errors, or errors involving transactions initiated outside the United States). If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not re-credit your account.
If it is determined there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
By enrolling in CUe-Branch, you are automatically enrolled in electronic account statements from Spartan Federal Credit Union. This service is available to you at no cost, and will allow you to view your current and past account statements for all of your accounts on a secure website. As part of the registration process, please read the following Consent and Authorizationdisclosure and indicate your acceptance at the bottom.
Consent And Authorization for Electronic Transmission ofRegular and/or Visa All Account Statements
In this Consent and Authorization, the words “I,” “Me,” and “My” mean each person who electronically signs below. The words “Account Number” mean the account number that I entered to access this Consent and Authorization. The word “Account” means any and all accounts held at Spartan Federal Credit Union under the Account Number, including but not limited to accounts held under a suffix number, such as share, checking, savings, retirement, money market, certificate and loan accounts.
I understand that pursuant to My account and/or loan agreements with Spartan Federal Credit Union, I may be entitled to receive periodic account statements in connection with My Account, such as savings account statements, loan statements, and/or Visa credit card statements (“Account Statements”). By indicating myMy acceptance of theseexcepting terms and conditions, I authorize Spartan Federal Credit Union to discontinue sending meMe such periodic Aaccount sStatements via postal mail service for My Account and to instead deliver such periodic aAccount sStatements to meMe electronically (“E-Statements”). begin sending statement information via e-mail. I understand and agree that Spartan Federal Credit UnionCOWWW Federal Credit Union will send meMe an e-mail on an ongoing basis to myMy primary e-mail address, as indicated in CUe-Branch, notifying meMe that myMy E-Statementaccount statement(s) are ready to be viewed on the Spartan Federal Credit Union website. I understand and agree that I will no longer receive paper copies of myMy periodic Aaccount sStatements.
I further understand and agree that:
1. I am the authorized signer [primary accountholder] of the Account indicated below. My electronic signature executed in conjunction with this Consent and Authorizationany electronic transaction on this Account shall be legally binding on all owners on the account including myself and such any transaction performed pursuant to this Consent and Authorizationtransaction shall be considered authorized by meMe.
2. If the Account Number entered to access this Consent and Authorizationthe Account indicated below is a joint account, I acknowledge that I am the primary accountholder of the joint accountAccount indicated below and that myMy consent and authorization has been authorized by each of the joint accountholders. aAll joint accountholdersowners on the account are legally bound by the terms and conditions of this Consent and Authorization.
Transactions performed on any Account indicated below by electronic means, which contain an electronic signature [where my PIN is utilized][where the security procedure described below is utilized], shall be considered authorized by me.
3. My ongoing consent to receive subsequent Aaccount sStatements electronically is voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time. I may withdraw consent at any time by un-registering for the service by selecting the “Services” tab in CUe-Branch and choosing the link to “Register or Unregister for eStatements” and following the instructions. I can also enroll at anytime by submitting a request in writing, by telephone [or by sending Spartan Federal Credit Union an e-mail at email@example.com .] and Subject to Spartan Federal Credit Union’s confirmation of myMy request, such withdrawal shall become effective no later than fifteen (15) days after receipt by Spartan Federal Credit Union. Upon termination, I understand and agree that I will no longer have access to myMy aAccount sStatements online and that I will receive all sAccount Statements in paper form via postal mail service [subject to the fee as set forth in COWWW FCU’s Schedule of Fees and Charges].
4. My computer system meets the minimum system requirements set forth below. In addition, I have and will maintain a printer capable of printing any E-Statementsaccount statements that are e-mailed to meMe and/or made available on Spartan Federal Credit Union’s website. In the alternative, I have and will maintain the ability to electronically save and visually display on myMy computer screen any E-Statementsaccount statements that are e-mailed to meMe and/or made available on Spartan Federal Credit Union’s website. I understand that Spartan Federal Credit Union recommends that I print a copy of any E-Statement and of this Consent and Authorization for myMy records.
Minimum System Requirements: To receive and review account statements electronically, and to view, download, and print E-Statements, you will need YouMicrosoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher, or Netscape version 4.0 or higher, and. You Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher.
5. I agree to maintain a valid, active e-mail address. I must promptly notify Spartan Federal Credit Union of any change in myMy e-mail or postal address by contacting Spartan Federal Credit Union at 1-800-442-3931 or by changing my email address in CUe-Branch by accessing the “Services” tab and choosing “Change Email Address” and following the instructions. Spartan Federal Credit Union is not liable for any third party-incurred fees, other legal liability, or any other issues or liabilities arising from E-Statements or notifications sent to an invalid or inactive e-mail address or postal address that you have provided.
mail my6. I may also request a paper copy of anyperiodic regular and/or Visa aAccount sStatement. an electronic transaction [A fee may be charged for any such paper copies, subject subject to the fee as set forth into Spartan Federal Credit Union’s Schedule of Fees and Charges].
7. I understand and agree that Spartan Federal Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Consent and Authorization. Spartan Federal Credit Union will notify Me before the effective date of any change. This means Spartan Federal Credit Union will mail Me notice using the United States Post Office at the address Spartan Federal Credit Union currently has on file. By accessing My E-Statements after I receive any notice of change will constitute My agreement to such change(s). Spartan Federal Credit Union reserves the right to discontinue the E-Statements program at any time.
Security Procedures: I understand that I cannot sign up for the E-Statements program and cannot access myMy regular and/or Visa account statements without first signing up for CUE-BRANCH and obtaining a Remote Access PIN and a CUE-BRANCH Password. I AGREE THAT USE OF A REMOTE ACCESS PIN AND CUE-BRANCH PASSWORD TO SIGN UP FOR THE E-STATEMENTS PROGRAM AND TO ACCESS MY ACCOUNT STATEMENTS CONSTITUTES A REASONABLE SECURITY PROCEDURE. I further understand that if I disclose myMy Remote Access PIN and CUE-BRANCH Password to other people, they may also have the ability to access myMy regular and/or Visa account statements and I will be responsible for any transactions they may complete. I agree to notify Spartan Federal Credit Union immediately if I believe any of myMy accounts have been accessed or an Access Code has been used without myMy permission to access myMy accounts. The terms and conditions in this Consent And Authorization for Electronic Transmission ofRegular and/or Visa All Account Statements only apply to the E-Statements program. Provisions in other Spartan Federal Credit Union agreements and disclosures, including but not limited to Spartan Federal Credit Union’s Account Disclosure and in any and all loan agreements and disclosures, may be revised from time to time and remain effective for all other aspects of the accounts involved.I am an authorized signer on this account. I understand COWWW Federal Credit Union will send me an e-mail on a monthly basis notifying me that my statement(s) are ready to be viewed. In order for COWWW FCU to notify me of my E-Statement delivery, it is my responsibility to inform COWWW FCU with any changes in my e-mail address on this site, by contacting them at 1-800-421-7111 or at any of their branch locations. I understand I may cancel this authorization at any time upon written request at which time the Credit Union will resume mailing of all my future periodic statements and I will no longer have access to my statements online.