Jemez Valley Credit Union
CUe-Branch - Internet Banking Service
Agreement and Disclosure
This Agreement is the contract that covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning CUe-Branch Internet Banking Services offered to you. The words "you" and "yours" mean those who complete the CUe-Branch application on line. The words "we", "us", and "our" mean Jemez Valley Credit Union located at 17117 Highway 4, P O Box 120, Jemez Springs, NM 87025, phone number 575-829-3366.
By completing the CUe-Branch online registration, you agree to the terms and conditions governing your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the CUe-Branch electronic funds transfer service. Electronic funds transfers (EFT) are electronically initiated transactions involving your deposit and loan accounts at the Credit Union through your personal computer.
You must be a member in good standing and agree to the terms and conditions of Jemez Valley Credit Union's CUe-Branch Agreement and Disclosure.
Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we make available to you, you must have:
- Personal Online Banking requires an Internet browser of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft Edge on the two most up to date platforms.
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit;
- Adobe Acrobat Reader that is most current.
- An e-mail account with an Internet service provider and e-mail software in order to receive our electronic communications; and
- A personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or storing electronic communications.
JVCU is committed to providing the most secure Internet service. When you interact with JVCU on this secure site, all the information is encrypted or encoded. Encryption is a procedure for turning plain text or other information into an unrecognizable pattern of data. 128-bit encryption is the strongest form of Web browser encryption commonly available for use on the Internet, and you must use a browser that supports 128-bit encryption to access your accounts.
You are responsible for the set-up and maintenance of your computer and modem. We are not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any virus or other problems related to the use of the Internet Banking Services.
CUe-Branch ONLINE REGISTRATION
You may register for CUe-Branch online by going to our website www.jvcu.org, click on CUe-Branch and follow the instructions. If you do not meet the requirements your access will be canceled. You may contact a member services representative at 575-829-3366 for further assistance.
Upon approval, you may use your personal computer to access your accounts. You must use your CUe-Branch user name and password to access your accounts.
Availability of CUe-Branch Internet Service
CUe-Branch services are generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year except for those times that the system is unavailable due to back-up procedures or maintenance. We are not liable under this Agreement for failure to provide access due to a system failure or due to other unforeseen acts.
We may modify, suspend, or terminate access to the CUe-Branch Internet Banking Services at any time and for any reason without notice.
You can use CUe-Branch to access all accounts that are linked to your social security number. At your request, you may remove access to any account or sub-account that has your social security number.
At the present time, you may use the following CUe-Branch services:
Account Information - You may review balances and transaction history on all accounts and sub-accounts existing under your user name. Your account balances are online and include all transactions that have been posted to your account up to that point in time. However, the availability of funds for transfer or withdrawal may be limited due to our Funds Availability Policy. The transaction history information may be limited to recent account information involving your accounts.
Transfers - You may make transfers to your accounts or other accounts that you are authorized on as often as you like except for those accounts with transfer limitations as disclosed when you opened the account and any amendments to that disclosure. Transfers and bill payments from your savings and club accounts will be limited to a total of six (6) (Federal Regulation D) in any one calendar month. You may transfer or withdraw up to the available balance in your account at the time of the transfer, except as limited under this Agreement or your deposit. We reserve the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient or unavailable funds, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account.
Transactions involving your accounts will be subject to the terms of your Membership and Account Agreement; and transactions involving a line of credit account or Home Equity Loan will be subject to your Credit Agreement and Disclosures, or your Home Equity Agreement and Disclosures, as applicable.
Apply for a Loan - You may make a request for a loan. You will be notified by telephone of the disposition of your application.
Request a Check - You may request a check withdrawal from any savings, checking or club account (excluding Christmas, and IRA). A check will be issued payable to the member and all joint owners, and mailed to the address on record at the Credit Union.
Reorder Checks - You may reorder additional checks in the same format as your last order from us.
Stop Payment - You may request a stop payment order for a check or range of checks from your checking account. Requests made after 1:00 PM Mountain Time may not be effective until the following business day. A CUe-Branch stop payment request will serve as a substitute for a written order.
E-mail - You may send communications directly to the Credit Union. However, the Credit Union may not immediately receive e-mail communications that you send and the Credit Union will not take action based on e-mail requests until the Credit Union actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act. If you need to contact the Credit Union immediately regarding an unauthorized transaction or stop payment request, you may call the Credit Union at 575-829-3366.
Change Password - You may select a new password for your account access at any time.
Quicken® or Microsoft Money®- You may download your account information to financial management software programs, if applicable.
Your user name and password will be your CUe-Branch home signature and you can use it to access all accounts that are linked to your social security number. Members that are joint owners on other accounts will also have access to those accounts. At your request, you may remove access to any account or sub-account that has your social security number.
SECURITY OF USER NAME AND PASSWORD
You are responsible for safekeeping of your user name and password. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your user name and password available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts. If you fail to maintain the security of your user name and password and Jemez Valley Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your CUe-Branch account services immediately. Revealing your user name and password will grant access to those accounts by unauthorized individuals.
To ensure the security of your CUe-Branch account, we will return you to the Log On screen if no activity has occurred within seven (7) minutes.
You are responsible for all transfers you authorize under this Agreement. If you permit other persons to use your user name and password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. However, tell us at once if you believe anyone has used your user name and password or accessed your accounts without your authority. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. For CUe-Branch transactions, if you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than fifty dollars ($50.00) if someone accessed your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized use of your account or user name and password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as five hundred dollars ($500.00).
Also, if your statement shows CUe-Branch transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may be liable for the full amount of the loss if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the unauthorized transactions. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe that someone has used your user name and password or has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call us at 575-829-3366.
Immediately change your password if you think it has been compromised.
Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
FEES AND CHARGES
Currently there are no fees to use CUe-Branch. All standard fees (NSF, Stop Payment, etc.) set forth in our fees and charges schedule apply. JVCU reserves the right to charge for CUe-Branch account access or transactions in the future. You will be given at least 30 days advance notice before JVCU implements any changes to fees or adds any new fees for CUe-Branch service.
RIGHT TO RECEIVE STATEMENTS
All of your CUe-Branch transactions will appear on your regular account statement. The Credit Union will not provide separate documentation of this activity. You may print the confirmation of each transaction from your computer screen for your records.
ACCOUNT INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- in order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- if you give us written permission
Credit Union Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer, your account is inactive, or the transfer would go over the credit limit on your line of credit, if applicable.
- If you used the wrong password or you have not properly followed any applicable computer or Credit Union user instructions for making transfer and bill payment transactions.
- If your computer fails or malfunctions or the CUe-Branch service was not properly working and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted such transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, telecommunication outages, strikes, equipment or power failure) prevent making the transaction.
- If the funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim.
- If you have not given the Credit Union complete, correct and current instructions so the Credit Union can process a transfer or in the event we receive conflicting information.
- If the error was caused by a system beyond the Credit Union's control such as a telecommunications system or Internet Service Provider.
- If there are other exceptions as established by the Credit Union.
Termination of Electronic Fund Transfer Services
You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your electronic fund transfer services if you, or any authorized user of your CUe-Branch services or password, breach this or any other agreement with us; or if we have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your accounts or password.
You or any other party to your account can terminate this Agreement by notifying us in writing. Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. Termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this Agreement for transactions initiated before termination.
CUe-Branch services may be terminated to those members that cause a loss to the Credit Union.
The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. The Credit Union will mail notice to you at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of any change, as required by law. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable federal laws and all applicable substantive laws of the State of New Mexico where you opened your account and the By-laws of the Credit Union as they now exist or may hereafter be amended. You understand that we must comply with these laws, regulations, and rules. You agree that if there is any inconsistency between the terms of the Agreement and any applicable law, regulation, or rule, the terms of this Agreement will prevail to the extent any such law, regulation, or rule may be modified by agreement between us.
You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving your accounts or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you.
In case of errors or questions regarding your CUe-Branch transactions, call us at 575-829-3366 or write to us at Jemez Valley Credit Union, P.O. Box 120, Jemez Springs, NM 87025 as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct the error promptly. For errors related to transactions occurring within thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account (new accounts), we will tell you the results of our investigation within twenty (20) business days. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate your complaint or question (ninety (90) calendar days for new account transaction errors, or errors involving transactions initiated outside the United States). If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not re-credit your account.
If it is determined there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Bill Pay-e Plus
Agreement and Disclosure
This is your bill paying agreement with Jemez Valley Credit Union.
You may use Jemez Valley Credit Union bill paying service, Bill Pay-e Plus, to direct Jemez Valley Credit Union to make payments from your designated checking account to the “Payees” you choose in accordance with this agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are in addition to the account agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your account.
"You" or "Your" means each person who is authorized to use the service. "Payee" means anyone, including JVCU, you designate and JVCU accepts as a "Payee".
As of July 25, 2011 Jemez Valley Credit Union has elected not to charge a monthly access fee for Bill Pay-e Plus.
When a payment you have scheduled is processed (see "The Bill Paying Process"), funds sufficient to cover the payment are removed from your account with Jemez Valley Credit Union for transmittal to the designated Payee. In lieu of fees in addition to those listed herein, once the funds are removed for processing, you will no longer earn, receive, or otherwise be entitled to any interest, dividends, or other return on, or compensation for, the funds removed.
Additional charges for member requested services and other items. There will be No Charge for any item if needed to correct a Jemez Valley Credit Union error.
* Written Correspondence to "Payee" : $20.00 per hour (Minimum 1 hour).
* Per proof of payment not necessitated by a dispute: $3.00 per check copy.
* Payments returned due to customer error: $20.00.
* Reinstate Fee: None.
* ACH Return Fee: $30.00.
* Express Mail correspondence: $20.00.
* Overdraft Fee: $30.00.
* Courtesy Pay Fee: $30.00.
Bill payments are processed by Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT). Please see the Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure Statement received when you opened your account, which discloses important information concerning your rights and obligations.
HOW TO SET UP PAYEES/PAYMENTS
If you want to add a new “PAYEE”, select the “Payee” tab located in the service or speak to a service representative.
You may add a new fixed payment to a “Payee” by accessing the service and entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be made in writing or by using the service.
The Financial Institution reserves the right to refuse the designation of a “Payee” for any reason.
You may pay any “Payee” with-in the United States (including U.S. territories and APO’s / AEO’s).
The Financial Institution is not responsible for payments that cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
THE BILL PAYING PROCESS
Single Payments – a single payment will be processed on the business day (generally Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the payment’s processing date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date. The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by the Financial Institution, is currently 2 P.M. MST. Jemez Valley Credit Union reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive notice if it changes.
A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s processing date, the payment will be processed on the first business day following the designated processing date.
Recurring Payments - When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a processing date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated processing date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
- If the recurring payment‘s “Pay Before” option is selected, the processing date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated processing date.
- If the recurring payment’s “Pay After” option is selected, the processing date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated processing date.
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated processing date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated processing date.
SINGLE AND RECURRING PAYMENTS
The system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment. This is only an estimate, so please allow ample time for your payments to reach your “Payees”.
CANCELLING A PAYMENT
A bill payment can be changed or cancelled any time prior to the cutoff time on the scheduled processing date.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as, any other payment obligations you have to Jemez Valley Credit Union.
* Jemez Valley Credit Union reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill payment if you fail to comply with the above requirement or any other term of this agreement.
* If you do not have sufficient funds in the account and Jemez Valley Credit Union has not exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand.
* You further agree Jemez Valley Credit Union, at its option, may charge any of your accounts with Jemez Valley Credit Union to cover such payment obligations.
* You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to, your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
* You are liable for all transactions you make or that you authorize another person to make even if that person exceeds his or her authority.
* You will be responsible for any bill payment request you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another bill payment.
* JVCU is not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
* JVCU is not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you fail to promptly notify JVCU after you learn that you have not received credit from a "Payee" for a bill payment.
* JVCU is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be JVCU's agent.
* In any event, JVCU will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this agreement or the service, even if JVCU has knowledge of the possibility of them.
*JVCU is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond JVCU's reasonable control.
The Financial Institution has the right to change this agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown for the account on the Financial Institution's records, by posting notice in Branches of the Financial Institution, or as otherwise permitted by law.
The Financial Institution has the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
You may terminate this agreement by written notice to the Financial Institution.
The Financial Institution is not responsible for any fixed payment made before the Financial Institution has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice.
You remain obligated for any payments made by the Financial Institution on your behalf.