Online Banking Service
Agreement and Disclosure
This agreement is the contract that covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning Ewa Federal Credit Union’s CUe-Branch Online Banking Services offered to you. The words “you” and “yours” mean those who complete CUe-Branch registration online. The words “we”, “us” and “our” mean Ewa FCU located at 91-1202A Renton Road; P.O. Box 60459, Ewa Beach, HI 96706-7459, phone number (808) 681-3033.
By completing CUe-Branch online registration, you agree to the terms and conditions governing our and your rights and responsibilities concerning the CUe-Branch electronic funds transfer service. Electronic funds transfers (EFT) are electronically initiated transactions involving your deposit and loan accounts at the credit union through your personal computer.
The terms and conditions in this Agreement are in addition to any deposit account agreement you have with Ewa Federal Union, including your Signature Card, Membership and Account Agreement, Electric Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure, Debit Card Agreement & Disclosure, Fee Schedule, and/or any accompanying schedules, or other terms affecting deposit account, (collectively, the “Deposit Agreement”), any overdraft protection agreement, or any loan agreement of any type you have with Ewa Federal Credit Union, (collectively, the “Loan Agreement”), any change of terms notices.
You must be a member in good standing and agree to the terms and conditions of Ewa FCU's CUe-Branch Agreement and Disclosure.
To use CUe-Branch, you need a computer with internet access capability. The Cue-Branch supports Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari, Microsoft Edge and most main stream browsers on the two most up to date platforms.
Ewa FCU is committed to providing the most secure Internet service. When you interact with Ewa FCU on this secure site, all the information is encrypted or encoded. Encryption is a procedure for turning plain text or other information into an unrecognizable pattern of data. 128-bit encryption is the strongest form of Web browser encryption commonly available for use on the Internet, and you must use a browser that supports 128-bit encryption to access your accounts.
You are responsible for the set-up and maintenance of your computer and modem. We are not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any virus or other problems related to the use of the Online Banking Services.
CUe-Branch Access and Availability
Upon approval of your application, you may access your account(s) from your personal computer.
You are responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of any software and your computer. Ewa FCU will not be responsible for any errors or failures involving any telephone service, internet service provider or software installation, or on your computer.
Availability of CUe-Branch is 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year except for those times when the system is unavailable due to back-up procedures, maintenance, system failure or other unforeseen acts. We may modify, suspend, or terminate access to CUe-Branch Online Banking Services at any time and for any reason without notice.
You may use CUe-Branch to access all accounts that are linked to your Social Security number. At your request, you may remove access to any account or sub-account that has your SSN. At the present time, you may use the following CUe-Branch services:
Account Information: You may review balances and transaction history on all accounts and subaccounts existing under your user name. Your account balances are real time and include all transactions that have posted to your account up to that point in time. However, delays may occur due to unforeseen circumstances. The availability of funds for transfer or withdrawal may be limited due to our Funds Availability Policy. Transaction history information may be limited to recent transactions involving your accounts.
Transfers: You may make transfers to your accounts or other accounts on which you are an authorized signer as often as you like, except for those accounts with transfer limitations as disclosed when you opened the account and any amendments to that disclosure. Transfers from share and club accounts to share draft/checking accounts will be limited to a total of six (6) per month, including overdraft protection (if any) and telephone requests (Federal Regulation D). You may transfer up to the available balance in your account at the time of the transfer, except as limited under any other agreements.
Apply for a Loan: You may make application for a loan. You will be notified by email or telephone as to the disposition of your application.
Request a Check: The minimum check withdrawal is $50. You may request a check withdrawal from any share, share draft/checking or club account (excluding Christmas and share certificates). A check will be issued payable to the member and all joint owners, and will be mailed to the address on record at the credit union.
Reorder Checks: You may reorder additional checks in the same format as your last order from us. If you do not qualify for free checks, your account will be charged for the checks.
Stop Payment: You may request a stop payment order for a check or range of checks from your share draft account. Requests made after the close of business may not be effective until the following business day. A stop payment request is conditional and subject to verification that the item has not already been paid. A CUe-Branch stop payment request will serve as a substitute for a written order. Stop payment fees apply.
Email: Send communications directly to the credit union through the home banking secure network. Once we receive your email, we will respond to your request within a reasonable amount of time as we may need to research the resolution to your request. However, contact us immediately at (808) 681-3033 regarding any unauthorized transactions to your account.
Password Changes: You may select a new password for your account at any time. The credit union DOES NOT store your password or have access to it.
Authorized Use of CUe-Branch: User names and passwords are issued to members only. However, members that are joint owners on other accounts will have access to those accounts.
Security of User Name and Password: Your user name and password will be your CUe-Branch signature. You are responsible for safekeeping your user name and password. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your user name and password available to anyone not authorized to sign on your account(s). If you fail to maintain the security of your server or your user name and password and Ewa FCU suffers a loss, we may terminate your CUe-Branch account service immediately. Revealing your user name and password will grant access to those accounts by unauthorized individuals.
Further, to ensure the security and integrity of your CUe-Branch account, we will return you to the login screen if no activity has occurred within ten (10) minutes.
Member Liability for Unauthorized Access: You are responsible for all transfers you authorize under this agreement. If you permit other persons to use your user name and password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts.
However, contact us immediately if you believe anyone has used your user name and password or accessed your account(s) through CUe-Branch without your authorization. Calling us directly is the best way of keeping your possible losses to a minimum. If someone has accessed your account without your permission and you tell us within two (2) business days, you cannot lose more than fifty dollars ($50). If someone has accessed your account without your permission and you do not notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized access, and we can prove that we could have stopped the unauthorized access had you told us, you could lose as much as five hundred dollars ($500).
If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after a statement has been mailed to you or the email notification is sent that your statement is ready for viewing, you may not be entitled to any refunds after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transfers if you had told us in a timely manner. If a good reason kept you for notifying us and you can document that reason, we may extend the time periods.
If you believe that someone has compromised your user name and password or has made or may make unauthorized transfers from your account, call us immediately at (808) 681-3033. We strongly urge you to change your password as soon as you think it has been compromised.
Fees and Charges: Currently there are no fees to use CUe-Branch. All standard fees set forth in your Rate and Fee Schedule applies. We reserve the right to institute charges for CUe-Branch account access or transactions in the future, but only after written notification to you at least 30 days in advance.
Right to Receive Statements: All of your CUe-Branch activity will appear on your regular account statement. The credit union will not provide separate documentation of this activity. You may print the confirmation of each transaction from your computer screen for your records.
Account Information Disclosure: We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make as follows:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission.
Credit Union Liability for Failure to Make Transfers: If we do not complete a transfer on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages, except under the following conditions:
- There are insufficient funds in your account to make the transfer, your account is inactive or the transfer would go over the credit limit on your line of credit (if applicable);
- An incorrect password is entered or the applicable instructions for making transfer transactions has not been followed;
- Your computer fails or malfunctions or the CUe-Branch service was not properly functioning and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted the transaction;
- Circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire, flood, telecommunication outages, strikes, equipment failure, system failures or power failure) prevents the transaction from being processed;
- The funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim;
- The instructions given to us was not complete, correct and/or current instructions preventing us from processing the transfer or we receive conflicting information;
- Other exceptions as may be established by the credit union.
Termination of Electronic Funds Transfer Services: You agree that we may terminate this agreement and your electronic funds transfer services if you or any authorized user of your CUe-Branch services or password breaches this or any other agreement with us; or if we have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your accounts or password.
You or any other party to your account can terminate this agreement by notifying us in writing. Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. Termination of this agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this agreement for transactions initiated prior to termination.
CUe-Branch services may be terminated to those members that cause a loss to the credit union.
Notices: The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. The Credit Union will mail notice to you at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of any change, as required by law. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable federal laws and all applicable substantive laws of the State of Hawaii where you opened your account and the By-laws of the Credit Union as they now exist or may hereafter be amended. You understand that we must comply with these laws, regulations, and rules. You agree that if there is any inconsistency between the terms of the Agreement and any applicable law, regulation, or rule, the terms of this Agreement will prevail to the extent any such law, regulation, or rule may be modified by agreement between us. Any disputes regarding this Agreement will be subject to the jurisdiction of the court and county in which Ewa FCU is located.
Enforcement: You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving your accounts or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you.
Error Resolution: In case of errors or questions regarding your CUe-Branch account, call us at (808) 681-3033 or write to us at Ewa Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 60459, Ewa Beach, HI 96706-7459.
If you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. We will need the following:
- Your name and account number(s);
- A clear description of the error or the transfer you are unsure about and why you believe it is in error or why you need more information;
- The dollar amount of the suspected error.
We may require that your complaint or question be put in writing within ten (10) days.
We will determine if an error occurred within ten (10) business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point of sale transaction or a foreign initiated transfer ) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days (20 days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account. An account is considered a new account for thirty (30) days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new member.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
By enrolling in CUe-Branch, you are automatically enrolled in electronic account statements from Ewa FCU. This service is available to you at no cost, and will allow you to view your current and past account statements for all of your accounts on a secure website. As part of the registration process, please read the following Consent and Authorizationdisclosure and indicate your acceptance at the bottom.
Consent and Authorization for Electronic Transmission ofRegular and/or Visa All Account Statements
In this Consent and Authorization, the words “I,” “Me,” and “My” mean each person who electronically signs below. The words “Account Number” mean the account number that I entered to access this Consent and Authorization. The word “Account” means any and all accounts held at Ewa FCU under the Account Number, including but not limited to accounts held under a suffix number, such as share, checking, savings, certificate, and loan accounts.
I understand that pursuant to my account and/or loan agreements with Ewa FCU, I may be entitled to receive periodic account statements in connection with my account, such as savings account statements, and loan statements. By indicating mymy acceptance of theseexcepting terms and conditions, I authorize Ewa FCU to discontinue sending meme such periodic aaccount sstatements via postal mail service for my account and to instead deliver such periodic aaccount sstatements to meme electronically (“E-Statements”). begin sending statement information via e-mail. I understand and agree that Ewa FCU will send meme an e-mail on an ongoing basis to mymy primary e-mail address, as indicated in CUe-Branch, notifying meme that mymy E-Statementaccount statement(s) are ready to be viewed on the Ewa FCU website. I understand and agree that I will no longer receive paper copies of mymy periodic Aaccount sStatements.
I further understand and agree that:
Ewa FCU is not liable for any third party-incurred fees, other legal liability, or any other issues or liabilities arising from E-Statements or notifications sent to an invalid or inactive e-mail address or postal address that you have provided.mail
- I am the authorized signer of the Account. My electronic signature executed in conjunction with this Consent and Authorization shall be legally binding and any transaction performed pursuant to this Consent and Authorization shall be considered authorized by me. If the Account Number entered to access this Consent and Authorization is a joint account, I acknowledge that I am the primary accountholder of the joint account and that my consent and authorization has been authorized by each of the joint accountholders. All joint accountholders are legally bound by the terms and conditions of this Consent and Authorization.
- My on-going consent to receive subsequent Account Statements electronically is voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time by clicking the “Unenroll in e-statements” button located in the Information section of Cue-Branch. Upon termination, I understand and agree that I will no longer have access to my Account Statements online and that I will receive all subsequent Account Statements in paper form via postal mail service. I also understand any additional copies of my Account Statement needed by me and/or any joint owner(s), due to loss, inadvertent destruction, etc., will be subjected to a fee as stated in Ewa FCU’s Schedule of Fees and Charges. I understand that I can re-enroll to receive my Account Statements electronically at anytime without penatly.
- My computer system meets the minimum system requirements set forth below. In addition, I have and will maintain a printer capable of printing any E-Statements that are e-mailed to me and/or made available on Ewa FCU’s website.In the alternative, I have and will maintain the ability to electronically save and visually display on my computer screen any E-Statementsaccount that are e-mailed to me and/or made available on Ewa FCU’s website. I understand that Ewa FCU recommends that I print a copy of any E-Statement and of this Consent and Authorization for my records.
- Minimum System Requirements: To receive and review account statements electronically, and to view, download, and print E-Statements, you will need YouAdobe Reader DC or. If needed, a free download of this software is available on-line.
- I agree to keep all my contact information current to include a contactable phone number, current mailing address and active e-mail address.I agree to promptly notify Ewa FCU of any changes to my contact information in one of the following ways:
- - Via phone call,
- - Completing the Address Change Form located at the credit union;
- - Making the changes myself in maintenance section of CUe-Branch
- I may also request a paper copy of any periodic regular and/or Visa Account Statement. A fee may be charged for any such paper copies, subject to the fees as set forth into Ewa FCU’s Schedule of Fees and Charges.
- I understand and agree that Ewa FCU reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Consent and Authorization. Ewa FCU will notify me before the effective date of any change. This notification may be made electronically or via written notification using the United States Post Office at the address Ewa FCU currently has on file. By accessing my E-Statements after I receive any notice of change will constitute my agreement to such change(s). Ewa FCU reserves the right to discontinue the E-Statements program at any time.
Security Procedures: I understand that I cannot sign up for the E-Statements program and cannot access mymy regular and/or Visa account statements without first signing up for CUe-Branch. I further understand that if I disclose my CUe-Branch Password to other people, they may also have the ability to access mymy regular and/or Visa account statements and I will be responsible for any transactions they initiate. I agree to notify Ewa FCU immediately if I believe that any of my accounts have been breached or an access code has been used without my permission. The terms and conditions in this Consent and Authorization for Electronic Transmission of Regular and/or Visa Account Statements only apply to the E-Statements program. Provisions in other Ewa FCU agreements and disclosures, including but not limited to Ewa FCU’s Account Disclosure and in any and all loan agreements and disclosures, may be revised from time to time and remain effective for all other aspects of the accounts involved.